- Title: Information Security Support Services
- Location: George C. Marshall Center, Garmisch, Germany
- Start Date: 1 Feb 2023
- Job-Type: Full Time
Information Security Support Services are required to provide Information Technology/Information Management (IT/IM) support services to the George C. Marshall Center (GCMC) Systems Support Division (SSD). The mission of the GCMC, as a vital instrument of German-American cooperation, is to create a more stable security environment by advancing democratic institutions and relationships; promoting active, peaceful, whole-of-government approaches to address transnational and regional security challenges; and creating and enhancing enduring partnerships worldwide. Personnel are needed to obtain IT/IM support services in order to successfully execute the mission of the GCMC.
- Minimum Certifications / Qualifications:
- IAT II Security+ Certification
- McAfee ESS 201 Administrator ePO (within 90 days of commencement of service)
- McAfee ESS 301 Advanced Administrator (within 120 days of commencement of service)
- Proficiency using MS EXCEL, MS WORD, and MS POWER POINT software, and familiar with performing database input and update functions.
- Possess Level 4 English language written and oral communication skills.
- Russian and/or German written and oral communication skills (Level 2) favored but not required.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Installs and maintains network and Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS) components for GCMC IT assets. This includes but not limited to management of ESS rules and requirements, monitoring of anomalies and security events, and, in coordination with the GCMC Information System Security Manager/Officer (ISSM/ISSO), taking actions necessary to prevent unauthorized events from occurring. The Contractor shall be fully trained and experienced in ESS configuration, operation and monitoring.
- Supports the GCMC Information Security System Manager/Officer (ISSM/ISSO) in the configuration and maintenance of event log feeds from computer systems and IT network and security devices to an asset security information and event management (SIEM) system. The Contractor shall support the configuration and monitoring of the SIEM for indications of unauthorized activity, identification of anomalous events, correlation of events with other system event logs, configuration of notifications, and remediation of discovered vulnerabilities in accordance with DOD/GCMC guidance.
- Perform IT asset vulnerability scanning utilizing the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), or similar GCMC/DOD approved tools, for Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance, general vulnerability remediation, and validation of compliance as required, and ensure results/reports are updated in applicable GCMC/DOD systems such as, but not limited to, the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support System (eMASS). The Contractor shall be fully trained and experienced in ACAS and vulnerability management operations.
- Support implementation and documentation of GCMC security policies and procedures for computer systems and IT assets which may include but are not limited to email and web security appliances to identify, report and resolve security violations or suspected or actual breaches (actual or attempted intrusion, phishing and social engineering attempts, computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.) based on guidance from the Government.
- Supports the GCMC Alt Token initiative in accordance with established guidelines and procedures and in coordination with the Information Assurance Team lead.
- Receive direction from and provide basic level Incident Response in support of the Information Assurance team forensics capabilities.
- Provides Tier 2 support to the Help Desk for any Information Assurance tasks.
French Consulting is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Powered by JazzHR