GDIT is currently looking for a TRANPORT SME for Stuttgart, Germany. Must have a current and active TS / SCI clearance. TESA approval is required.
1) United States Africa Command is the geographical combatant command headquarters for the Area of Responsibility (AOR) covering the Africa Theater of Operations.
It is currently headquartered at Kelley Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany. The Defense Information Systems Agency provide global CCMD support to build and operate the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) as part of the DoD Information Network (DoDIN)
USAFRICOM mission requirements and an updated Campaign plan requires the development of a robust communication network on the confinement of Africa.
Subject matter experts in the field of transport and telecommunications technologies are essential in supporting this mission set.
USAFRICOM and DISA require technical support to plan and implement a AFRICOM Theater Transport network.
2) The objective of this task is to support the ACJ6 in providing engineering planning and execution and to conduct theater-
wide synchronization to support transport architecture solutions
3) Requirements : USAFRICOM requires contractor support of one (1) transport / telecommunications technologies Subject Matter Expert / planner.
4) Concept of operations. The AFRICOM Transport SME will provide direct support to the ACJ6 staff by providing engineering technical expertise, advice and synchronization.
Provides technical requirements review based on AFRICOM operational needs in commercial leasing options, point to point circuits, network mesh-
type capabilities, Satellite Communications (SATCOM), Mid-Earth Orbit (MEO) Satellite, Microwave Line Of Site (MLOS), Internet Service Provider (ISP) networks.
Provides technical support and planning support to AFRICOM in developing a DRAFT Initial Capabilities Document (ICD). Provides technical support in developing Operational Views and technical views.
Provides recommendations and maintains change control of baseline technical documents.
Provides technical assistance in the development of an engineering solution Major Bill Of Material (MBOM) and Installation Bill Of Material (IBOM).
Provides planning assistance in planning implementation / execution / delivery on a site-by-site basis.
Perform site surveys, capture site support capabilities (PWR / HVAC / Rack & Floor Space)
Tracks and reports implementation progress / issues / solutions.
5) Contractors are required to have expertise in international telecommunications capabilities and standards, European and African nation specific capabilities, SATCOM (LEO / MEO / GEO) and the global DISN / DoDIN architecture.
6) Understands end to end data transport architecture, has worked with AISR, UVDS, GBS, DISA transport, and / or SOCOM SDNs.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of long-haul transport and SATCOM planning and / or implementation experience.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
11 years of recent specialized experience.