Overall Experience (in yrs.) 10 – 12 years
Service Lead, Tech Lead Infrastructure at our Germany location
Your Role as Service Lead, Tech Lead Infrastructure
In your role as Service Lead, Tech Lead Infrastructure, you will play a key role and be the single point of contact for application owner for the group of application.
. As a very important "point of contact" you provide the necessary support and information. In addition, you will lead your team in project processes as well as the development and delivery of deliverables.
In your role, it is essential to always consider both sides - the customer's perspective and that of the technical team. With excellent analytical skills and a knack for tackling problems head on, you will find the right solution for all stakeholders and effectively put it into action.
Your responsibilities as Service Lead, Tech Lead Infrastructure
• Be the single point of contact for Application Owners (customer) for a group of applications.
• Uphold all ITSM processes – Incident, Change, Problem and Service request management.
• Maintain a stable DC infrastructure for running Production critical applications.
• Translate customer requirements into infrastructure changes and ensure fulfillment
• Maintain operational and architectural documentation for Application infrastructure
• Ensure delivery of SLAs / KPIs / OLAs and service quality.
• Organize Application Recovery and Disaster Recovery tests
• Propose and implementation infrastructure optimization and service optimization
• Maintain accurate billing of infrastructure consumption.
• Providing on call support for Major Incidents based on 24x7 on call rosters.
• Ensure implementation of security guidelines.
• Work with Operational managers and Operational teams to ensure stable operations.
• Ensure service quality.
• Good understanding of general datacenter technologies and remote infrastructure management.
• Background of IT System administration
• Deep technical understanding of one or more areas of Datacenter operations – Compute, Virtualization (VMWare), Storage (Netapp), Network, Backup, Database(Oracle, DB2 PostGreS, MSSQL), Middleware (Websphere, Tomcat, JBoss), Active Directory/IAM, Tools, Application operations.
• Should have lead small teams for DC operations and infrastructure provisioning.
• Should be hands-on in terms of technology.
• Should understand processes and quality aspects
• Should have good knowledge of incident/request management, problem management, change/release management, Availability and capacity management.
• Ability to understand the customer requirements in multiple technology alreas, and work with experts to propose feasible technology options available.
• Experience with executing infra build projects.
• Experience in managing IT operations.
• Experience on Upgrades, Migrations, Performance Tuning and advanced Root cause analysis
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery & BCMS principles & processes
Deep understanding of operation and change management and related network processes within ITIL, ideally with certification
Language - Germany (Primary) & English
Should be a capable leader.
Experience in Customer Handling and stakeholder management.
Ability to handle escalations, be a trusted advisor for the customer and work closely with customers in defining solutions
Ability to drive Service Improvement programs and drive service quality improvements.
Familiarity billing and charging topics
Understanding of service level management process, related agreements – SLA/OLA and workflow steps.
Planning and organizing – Optimally organize the workload across the team.
Willingness to provide oncall support during non-business hours