Responsible for patient food service on assigned units, to include menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pickup, special requests and needs, and in-
between meal food delivery.
1. Takes patient menu selections prior to each meal, complying with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations and offering alternates to menu as allowed to accommodate food allergies and cultural, ethnic and religious preferences.
2. Assembles trays according to patient menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Ruturns to round on patients following delivery to ensure the patient's needs are met.
4. Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food.
5. Assists Diet Tech and Nursing Staff with monitoring of patient diet prescriptions including, but not limited to, patients who are NPO, on liquid diets, have a calorie count ordered, or need nutrition handouts.